- This event has passed.
Next Generation Science Standards – Coeur d’Alene
April 18, 2016 @ 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Next Generation Science Standards
The State Department of Education (SDE) encourages public involvement during the rulemaking process. Comments can be sent directly to SDE, or given orally or written at scheduled hearings. Upon approval by the State Board of Education, promulgated rules will be listed below.
The Administrative procedures Act and monthly bulletins can be found on the Department of Administration website.
2016 – 2017 Promulgated Rules
- Advanced Opportunities
- Alternative School Secondary Programs
- Bullying, Harassment, and Intimidation Temporary Rule
- Bullying, Harassment, and Intimidation
- Drivers Education Training Instructors
- Idaho Content Standards Revisions
- Professional Standards Commission Revisions for Certification of Professional School Personnel
- Special Education Revisions
- Standards for Idaho School Buses and Operations
Idaho Content Standards Revisions
Docket No. 08-0203-1601
Idaho Content Standards describe what Idaho students should know and be able to do at each grade level in certain content areas. Content standards are reviewed by teams of Idaho educators on a rotating basis every six years to ascertain whether changes or revisions are indicated to ensure that the most current and effective standards form the foundational basis for instruction which is the responsibility of each local public school district. Curricular materials are reviewed and adopted in concert with the revision of content areas.
This rule change is intended to reflect the recommendations approved following this review process. The Idaho Content Standards up for review are Health, Humanities, English Language Arts/Literacy, Mathematics, Physical Education, Science, Social Studies, and Computer Science.