Help support alternative media by visiting our advertisers

Idaho Moves Backwards To Stage 3

It is unclear what, if any, new enforcement protocols Gov. Little plans to implement.

Idaho Moves Backwards To Stage 3

Idaho Moves Backwards To Stage 3

by Shari Dovale

Today I’m signing a statewide public health order moving Idaho back to Stage 3 of our statewide Idaho Rebounds plan, with some modifications.” ~Gov. Brad Little, October 26, 2020

Gov. Brad Little announced he was signing an executive order putting Idaho back to a modified Stage 3 of the Idaho Rebounds plan.

This includes:

  • Indoor gatherings are limited to 50 people or less. 
  • Outdoor gatherings are limited to 25-percent capacity. 
  • Physical distancing requirements are in place for gatherings of all types. 
  • Long-term care facilities will not be allowed to operate without requiring masks on their premises.  
  • There will be seating only at bars, restaurants, and nightclubs. Nightclubs can only operate as bars. 
  • Employers should continue to protect at-risk employees by allowing telework or by making special accommodations for these individuals in the workplace. 

It was thought that Little would order a state-wide mask mandate, however, he has been pushing that one off onto the local districts and jurisdictions. However, not all of them have been onboard with these ideas.

Panhandle Health Board, which oversees the 5 northern-most counties in the state, voted 4-3 to end the mask mandate for Kootenai County on Thursday, Oct 22nd.

In central Idaho, Adams County commissioners approved a resolution on October 19th rescinding all orders, recommendations and restrictions related to COVID-19.

“And we resolve that Adams County is open for business and back to normal,” the commissioners wrote.

Governor Little said the new order will not lockdown the economy, in-person church services, or restrict travel.

As promised, Little announced these mandates just in time for Halloween.

Last month, Gov. Little told a telephone townhall audience that it was “too risky for youngsters to be out and about this Halloween, dressing up, trick-or-treating, and whatnot as they normally do on Oct. 31. During the same conference call, Little’s chief of epidemiology also suggested that Halloween activities need to be canceled to prevent the spread of the coronavirus.

The order was not available for viewing at the time of this writing, so it is unclear what, if any, new enforcement protocols Gov. Little plans to implement.

 

Watch Video Here

 

The views, opinions, or positions expressed by the authors and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, positions of Redoubt News. Social Media, including Facebook, has greatly diminished distribution of our content to our readers’ newsfeeds and is instead promoting Main Stream Media sources. This is called ‘Shadow-banning’. Please take a moment and consider sharing this article with your friends and family. Thank you. Please support our coverage of your rights. Donate here: paypal.me/RedoubtNews