*Editor’s Note: Links to completed questionnaires are listed at the bottom of the article. Please click on the candidate’s name to read their responses.
We want to get to know our candidates.
The following list of questions can be asked of any candidate, from County level to State or National. Additionally, these questions can be modified for any state. They are sorted without concern to priority.
We will try to get the list to everyone within the next couple of weeks, hopefully getting responses in plenty of time to post prior to the upcoming primary.
Please feel free to forward this to your candidates. That would help us tremendously!
Candidates can return their answers to Editor@RedoubtNews.com
We will post updates regularly.
Redoubt News Staff
Please tell us your name and seat for which you are running.
- When does life begin?
- Do you believe that Roe v. Wade is settled law?
- Do you believe a woman has the right to choose to terminate her pregnancy?
- Do you believe that our state should ban abortions?
- Do you believe that if our state should ban abortions, there should be exceptions for rape and incest?
- Are you in favor of decriminalizing drug use?
- Do you support the legalization of Marijuana?
- Do you support mandatory minimum prison sentences for people charged with drug possession?
- Do you support the Patriot Act?
- Should it be illegal to burn the American flag?
- Are you in favor of a National Identification card system?
- Should producers be required to label genetically engineered foods (GMOs)?
- Should the current estate tax rate be decreased?
- Should the government use economic stimulus to aid the country during times of recession?
- Should the government break up Amazon, Facebook and Google?
- Should the government subsidize farmers?
- Would you favor an increased sales tax in order to reduce property taxes?
- Should the Federal Reserve Bank be audited by Congress?
- Should the government raise the retirement age for Social Security?
- Should Social Security be phased out over time?
- Should the State of Idaho get out of the sales of liquor business?
- Do you believe it is in the public’s interest to repeal the grocery tax?
- Should cities be allowed to offer private companies economic incentives to relocate?
- Should Idaho have legalized gambling? If so, should it be limited in scope, such as sports betting, horse racing, online casino, lottery only, etc.?
- Do you support charter schools?
- Do you support Home schooling?
- Do you believe that public schools are under funded?
- Should the Supplemental Levy/Plant Facilities Levy process be eliminated?
- Should the minimum voting age be lowered? If so, to what age?
- Should a photo ID be required to vote?
- Do you support a Constitutional Convention?
- Should convicted criminals have the right to vote?
- Should all elections in Idaho be on the same date as the Primary/General elections only?
- Would you be in favor of each County in Idaho having a State Senator (44) as opposed to each legislative district (35)?
- Would you be in favor of a State Constitutional Amendment authorizing an Electoral College system in Idaho?
- Would you be in favor of term limits for Idaho elected officials?
- Do you believe the country/state should move to a mail-in ballot system, or a computer voting system?
- Should the primary election be changed to a later date?
- Should elections be changed to an all mail-in ballot system?
- Should the government increase environmental regulations to prevent climate change?
- Do you support the use of hydraulic fracking to extract oil and natural gas resources?
- Should the government give tax credits and subsidies to the wind power industry?
- Should researchers be allowed to use animals in testing the safety of drugs, vaccines, medical devices, and cosmetics?
- What kinds of firearms should be registered?
- Should teachers be allowed to carry guns at school?
- Should the Sheriff be authorized to remove firearms from people suspected of having mental health issues?
- Who should not be allowed to carry firearms?
- Should the federal government institute a mandatory buyback of assault weapons?
- Should every 18 year old citizen be required to provide at least one year of military service?
- Should the U.S. remain in the United Nations?
- What would you do to lower health care costs?
- Should there be a plan in place before attempting to repeal Obamacare?
- What role should government play in advancing science-based medicine?
- Should people be required to work in order to receive Medicaid?
- Should the government regulate the prices of life-saving drugs?
- Should health insurers be allowed to deny coverage to individuals who have a pre-existing condition?
- Should the government require children and/or adults to be vaccinated for preventable diseases?
- Should terminally ill patients be allowed to end their lives via assisted suicide?
- What steps would you take in our state to handle the immigration issues?
- Should local law enforcement be allowed to detain illegal immigrants for minor crimes and transfer them to federal immigration authorities?
- Should children of illegal immigrants be granted legal citizenship?
- Should immigrants to the United States be allowed to hold dual citizenship status?
- Do you believe the Federal Government is managing the public lands well?
- Do you believe it is the right of the individual states to control and manage public lands?
- Do you support the legalization of same sex marriage?
- Should homosexual couples have the same adoption rights as straight couples?
- Should transgender athletes be allowed to compete in athletic events for other than their biological sex?
- Do you support the death penalty?
- Should welfare recipients be tested for drugs?
- Should the government raise the federal minimum wage?
- Should there be fewer or more restrictions on current welfare benefits?
- Do you think our state should discontinue licensing marriage?
Returned Questionnaires (Click on name)
Alex Barron, Idaho State Senate District 3
Chad Christensen, Idaho State Representative , District 32, Seat B
Sage Dixon, Idaho State Representative, District 1, Seat B
Marc Eberlein, Idaho State Senate District 3
Karey Hanks, Idaho State Representative , District 35, Seat A
Dennis Harper, Idaho State Representative, District 7, Seat A
Hari Heath, Idaho State Representative, District 5, Seat A
Nick Henderson, Kootenai County Commissioner, District 1
Tim Kastning Idaho State Representative, District 2 Seat B
Doug Okuniewicz, Idaho State Representative, District 2, Seat B
Cornel Rasor, Idaho State Representative, District 7, Seat B
Heather Scott, Idaho State Representative, District 1, Seat A
Richard Whitehead, Kootenai County SHERIFF
Christy Zito, Idaho Senate District 23
Bryan Zollinger, Idaho State Representative, District 33, Seat B
The views, opinions, or positions expressed by the authors and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, positions of Redoubt News. Social Media, including Facebook, has greatly diminished distribution of our content to our readers’ newsfeeds and is instead promoting Main Stream Media sources. This is called ‘Shadow-banning’. Please take a moment and consider sharing this article with your friends and family. Thank you. Please support our coverage of your rights. Donate here: paypal.me/RedoubtNews