Changing the US Constitution? Not On My Watch!
By Shari Dovale
The US Constitution is a masterful work. The founding fathers knew exactly what they were doing when they wrote this document.
And, It IS the Supreme Law of the land!
However, there are many progressives that would like to see this document scrapped and changed to suit a more Socialist agenda.
That is where the Article V Convention comes into play.
Do not be fooled. This is exactly what the proposed Convention would do… change the Constitution to better suit the communist agenda.
The 6 proposed amendments are laid out in a book by Justice John Paul Stevens, titled “Six Amendments: How and Why We Should Change the Constitution.”
- The “Anti-Commandeering Rule” (Amend the Supremacy Clause of Article VI) This Constitution, and the laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof; and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land; and the judges and other public officials. in every state shall be bound thereby, anything in the Constitution or laws of any State to the contrary notwithstanding.
- Political Gerrymandering – Districts represented by members of Congress, or by members of any state legislative body, shall be compact and composed of contiguous territory. The state shall have the burden of justifying any departures from this requirement by reference to neutral criteria such as natural, political, or historical boundaries or demographic changes. The interest in enhancing or preserving the political power of the party in control of the state government is not such a neutral criterion.
- Campaign Finance – Neither the First Amendment nor any other provision of this Constitution shall be construed to prohibit the Congress or any state from imposing reasonable limits on the amount of money that candidates for public office, or their supporters, may spend in election campaigns.
- Sovereign Immunity – Neither the Tenth Amendment, the Eleventh Amendment, nor any other provision of this Constitution, shall be construed to provide any state, state agency, or state officer with an immunity from liability for violating any act of Congress, or any provision of this Constitution.
- Death Penalty– (Amend the 8th Amendment) Excessive Bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments such as the death penalty inflicted.
- The Second Amendment – (Amend the 2nd Amendment) A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms when serving in the Militia shall not be infringed.
In future articles, we will explore more about these proposed amendments, and the Article V Convention that the progressive establishment is trying to force down the throats of Americans.
For now, let’s talk about a rally in Boise this week to protest this really bad idea.
On the steps of the Statehouse, citizens from both sides of the aisle will come together to protest the proposed convention. This is a non-partisan issue! People everywhere recognize the disaster in the making, and how it will only benefit the government elite, not the citizens.
We must stop this from happening! Tell your legislators that they represent YOU, and you do NOT want this convention!
Thursday, January 18, 2018, noon
Please be there if you can.
Please support our coverage of your rights. Donate here: paypal.me/RedoubtNews