Criticism comes with Constructive Suggestions
The levy supporters are threatened by those speaking AGAINST their supplemental levy. In all the hysteria, I respond with a sacred hymn, referring to Psalm 109 (NKJV), Plea for Judgment of False Accusers.
My criticisms include constructive suggestion, backed by FOIA information and charts at LPOSDLEVY.com;
- State competition costs both tax-payers and the local economy. Did LPOSD negotiate away local economic benefits for Y.E.A.’s 10% travel reimbursements, ? lose-lose?
- “Review” of the LPOSD English curriculum is code for replacement and serves to insulate management from accountability of performance. Disparity of testing identifies internal issues!
- Eliminate the Executive’s Bonus program, return classroom dollars!
- Consolidate the S.H.S. Athletic Director into one paid position. As Executive Secretary Fisher states, “it’s difficult to know at times who is the Athletic Director!”
- Eliminate the excessive number of paid coaching positions!
- Reduce the second year’s levy amount, authorized by state code, by state and federal revenue receipts arriving subsequent to LPOSD budget creation, and every individual fund’s end of year surplus, Slush funds! Or, make the levy ballot 29 separate line items, financial accountability!
- Stop secreting documents initiated and received involving teacher Hawkins as the LPOSD Agent of Student and Staff travel to Tanzania, 2016!
- Eliminate the conflict of interest. Subsidiary foundation Board members of P.A.F.E. are prohibited from the parent LPOSD Board positions. The closed society’s power-base!
- “Geographic challenges” is hogwash, 75%+ of the student population attend schools within a 10 mile radius, if Youngdahl states, “it’s difficult to manage,” then keep all 11 schools and break LPOSD in two!