A couple of days ago a full-color, full-page ad appeared in the Daily Bee vilifying Representative Heather Scott for a plethora of things like defending poachers, supporting armed radicals, and opposing timber companies and urging a vote for Kate McAlister. Soon that same ad turned up in mail boxes in form of a post card.
The ad and postcards were paid for by the “Conservation Voters for Idaho Action Fund – Treasurer Kathryn Thorpe”, a group nobody’s ever heard of but which suddenly surfaces as an attack dog on a conservative Idaho state representative.
Turns out the group is well-connected right up to the highest levels in Washington D.C. Let’s follow the money:
- Treasurer Kathryn Thorpe is also the Deputy Director of Conservation Voters for Idaho.
- Conservation Voters for Idaho is a state affiliate of the League of Conservation Voters, a nationwide group.
- The League of Conservation Voters is chaired by Carol Browner of the Center for American Progress (CAP). Browner used to be President Clinton’s EPA administrator and more recently headed President Obama’s White House Office of Energy and Climate Change.
- CAP was founded in 2003 by John Podesta, now Hillary Clinton’s Campaign Director whose name appears daily in WikiLeaks emails tied to suspicious Clinton dealings.
- The Center for American Progress is a key member in a network of non-profit activist groups organized by George Soros and others to mobilize resources – money, get-out-the-vote drives, campaign advertising, and policy initiatives to advance Democratic Party agendas.
Please vote for Heather Scott to keep her fine work for the people of Idaho moving forward.