Sandpoint Citizen Action Letter to Mayor Shelby Rognstad
by Darlene West
I researched and gleaned from the Idaho Constitution and the 1952 Act, and then I typed a letter to the Mayor and all the council members, and they’re out in the mail today.
Feel free to print or copy it, and either mail or email it to all of them, the unity of it I believe would put the fear of God in them.
People could add their own remarks to it, as well.
To Mayor Shelby Rognstad and All Sandpoint City Council Members
The resolution for the admission of Syrian refugees is feigned and illegal for the following reasons:
1. Your resolution claims “Where As it is counter to the United States Constitution,” which is a lie intended to deceive the people, so you can pass a resolution to satisfy your own personal ideology.
a. According Article 21, sec 20 of Idaho State Constitution, Idaho adopted the Constitution of the United States of America for the law of our great state Idaho.
b. United States Immigration and Nationality Act of 1952, Chapter 2, Sec. 212 states: This section prohibits the entry of any Alien that belongs to a organization that sole purpose is to overthrow the United States through “force, violence, or other unconstitutional means.” This Mr. Mayor and Council Members rules out Islamic immigration to the United States.
c. President Carter used the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1952 to prohibit the immigration of Iranians as well as deport Iranian students back to Iran: http://abcnews.go.com/Archives/video/april-1980-us-cuts-relations-iran-9787014
2. Anything pertaining to immigration laws is the matter of the State of Idaho, not the business of The Mayor and City Council, per Article XIII of the Idaho Constitution: Bureau of Immigration—Commissioner shall be established a bureau of immigration, labor and statistics, which shall be under the CHARGE of a commissioner of immigration, labor and statistics, who shall be appointed by the governor, by and with the consent of the senate. The commissioner shall hold his office for two years, and until his successor shall have been appointed and qualified, unless sooner removed. The commissioner shall collect information upon the subject of labor, its relation to capital, the hours of labor and the earnings of laboring men and women, and the means of promoting their material, social, intellectual and moral prosperity. The commissioner shall annually make a report in writing to the governor of the state of the information collected and collated by him, and containing such recommendations as he may deem calculated to promote the efficiency of the bureau.
3. Idaho State Article 1, sec 4 demands the citizens of the state to be protected from any religious organizations, who intend to do harm and “nor shall there be any law that preferences any religious denomination or mode of worship”: …but the liberty of conscience hereby secured shall not be construed to dispense with oaths or affirmations, or excuse acts of licentiousness or justify polygamous or other pernicious practices, inconsistent with morality or the peace or safety of the state; nor to permit any person, organization, or association to directly or indirectly aid or abet, Council or advise any person to commit the crime of bigamy or polygamy, or any other crime. No person shall be required to attend or support any ministry or place of worship, religious sect or denomination, or pay tithes against his consent; nor shall any preference be given by law to any religious denomination or mode of worship. Bigamy and polygamy are forever prohibited in the state, and the legislature shall provide by law for the punishment of such crimes.
4. Your deceiving the people and going against the majority of your constituents will. You are acting in defiance to the law and overreaching your authority in the business of the State of Idaho.
If you don’t rip up this resolution, your constituents are planning the following:
1. Recall per article 6, sec 6: RECALL OF OFFICERS AUTHORIZED. Every public officer in the state of Idaho, excepting the judicial officers, is subject to recall by the legal voters of the state or of the electoral district from which he is elected. The legislature shall pass the necessary laws to carry this provision into effect
2. Seek and encourage numerous constituents to hire a US Constitutional attorney and begin a class action against the city of Sandpoint for hindering our liberties and rights provided in the Constitution of both US and Idaho’s.