Judge Grasty Shuts Down MORE Rights in Burns
Harney County Community Meeting Change in Venue and Format for January 25
Burns – Harney County Judge Steve Grasty announced a change in venue and format for the weekly Harney County community meeting scheduled for Monday, January 25. “We started the weekly community meeting so that Harney County residents would have an opportunity to ask questions and voice their concerns in a safe and civil manner,” said Judge Grasty.
“The meeting last week did not fulfill that purpose.”
Harney County has been notified by the school district that school facilities will no longer be available for these community meetings due to the number of firearms that were present, in violation of school district policy.
The meeting on January 25 will be held at the Harney County Senior Center at 5:00 p.m. Doors will open at 4:30.
The Senior Center also has a “no firearm” policy that will be strictly enforced.
Please arrive early in order to get through security in a timely manner.
The format for this meeting will also be special. “Residents of Harney County have been given a unique opportunity to be heard statewide,” said Judge Grasty, explaining that Oregon Public Broadcasting’s Think Out Loud public affairs program will moderate and record the meeting on Monday. The host of Think Out Loud, Dave Miller, will ask questions of those in attendance.
This episode of Think Out Loud will air on Tuesday, January 26. “I can’t think of a better way to give Oregon a taste of the real Harney County,” continued Grasty.
Due to space limitations at the Senior Center and the unique format, entrance to this meeting will be limited only to those Harney County residents who have a ticket.
Tickets will be available starting at 10 a.m. Monday morning. Here is what you need to know:
• Pick up tickets at the Harney County Courthouse, Clerk’s Office,
on Monday starting at 10 a.m. or by calling 541-573-6641starting at 10a.m.
• Tickets will be released on a first-come, first-served basis.
• Everyone who gets a ticket will need to show picture I.D. and residency will be verified.
• Picture I.D. will also be required to enter the Senior Center with your ticket.
• Each person may pick up only two tickets.
• There will be 150 tickets available. Thirty tickets have been set aside for invited guests. Any of those tickets that are unused will be available for others to use.
• Anyone who is not able to get a ticket for this meeting, will be wait-listed for this meeting and put at the front of the list for future meetings, should it be necessary to continue with this ticketing format.
Any questions related to ticket distribution should be directed to 541-573-6641